Frequently Asked Questions About Travel Insurance
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance protects you, your family and your travel investment against unforeseen events. If you have coverage and something goes wrong, you and your family will receive help and financial compensation.
Do I need Travel Insurance?
Yes, we strongly recommend travel insurance to everyone. Travel is filled with uncertainty. We do our best to ensure you have a perfect vacation, but all the planning in the world can’t stop an unforeseen event. If you don’t have travel insurance you will be traveling ‘at your own risk’.
Where should I buy Travel Insurance?
We send a travel insurance quote to all of our clients shortly after they submit their deposit. You can purchase travel insurance through us or choose your provider on your own.
What determines the cost of Travel Insurance?
- Trip Cost
- Trip Length
Why should I purchase Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance protects you against financial loss due to “Trip Interruption and Unforeseen Events”. This might include:
- Natural disasters like Earthquakes or Floods & Cyclones
- Flight delays, cancelled flights or missed-connections
- Airline or Vendor Strikes
- Financial Default of a provider (e.g. Airline, Hotel, Tour Provider, Agency)
- Medical Evacuation and Treatment should an accident occur during your trip
- Accidents or health issues that arise with you or a family member before you depart for your vacation which prevent you from traveling. With travel insurance, you can claim a full refund for the cost of your trip. Family members who are covered include your Mother, Father, Grandparents, Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, In-laws, Step-children and Caregivers (one exception being ‘Cousins’). If the insurance is purchased within 15 days from Trip Deposit then the policy will also cover “Pre-Existing” Medical Conditions for you and your extended family.
- Lost or Delayed Baggage
- Higher level policies offer coverage options for “Work/Scheduling conflicts” and even “Change your Mind” or “Cancel for Any Reason”. These options tend to be more expensive, but worth it for those at high risk for schedule changes.
- Children are insured for free on some Family Policies
We hope you will seriously consider travel insurance. Please contact us if you have any questions.